- 250g of fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of shredded sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons of grated lemon zest
- 40g of finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 chicken breast fillets, tenderloin removed
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto
- Olive oil (for brushing
- Mix together the ricotta, safe, garlic zest and parmesan until they are well combined.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a large pocket into the side of each chicken breast and fill each pocket with a quarter of the ricotta mixture.
- Pin the pockets closed with toothpicks and wrap each breast in two slices of prosciutto, securing it with a toothpick.
- Heat a barbecue flat plate to medium heat, brush the chicken parcels with olive oil and season them with freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook them for 8 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through.
- This is delicious served with baby spinach salad.